Hey there everyone! Long time, no . . . whatever the word is that applies to this sort of stuff. I thought I would take some time out of my crazy, hectic schedule to let you all know that I’m still here. I haven’t gone anywhere. I’m just incredibly, and frustratingly, busy.
My divorce was final December 22, 2015, and for the past year now, I’ve been trying to get life back on track. Problem is, life is a fickle mistress. She seems to think that I can tolerate and deal with all the disruptions, doctor appointments, endless school meetings, errands to run, relocating several times, etc. In fact, I don’t. It takes time away from my work and being able to keep my presence going in the wide digital word of the internet. It’s impacted my book sales, friendships that I have kindled through my networking, and even real-life friends. Worst of all, the drive to write has dwindled due to all the disruptions.
I’ve spent countless hours trying to get my schedule worked out, but it never seems to be enough. The problem is life seems to be in one of those crazy calendar-length cycles that pack on the heavy stress and as many curve-balls as possible. That’s why you see me for one week and then not again for several weeks. My family has become my focus and trying to split that time between everything else, writing, and free time for just me and the boyfriend, it seems there is never enough time in the day. I seem to spend more time on FB than I used to (beyond the mindless, casual shared posts that I can do from my phone when I get a moment to sit down while out and about).
But I’m trying, though. I’m making my work a priority, too. It’s just taking a lot more time to get that balanced figured out than I thought would be possible. Even as I write this, I’m making phone calls and taking care of things that need attention on the home front. I’m sure this is just a phase that will soon pass. But if you all are anything like me, I’d be worried about what happened to the authors I enjoyed too if they seemed to have suddenly just fell off the face of the Earth. Which is why I really wanted to let you know that I’m still here. I’m just riding the high tides of life right now.
To give you an idea of what I’ve been working on, so you know you have things to look forward to as I can get them done…
- Nepherium’s paperback cover and reveal. Hoping to have this done and revealed by May. Pre-order set up by June. Release July 31st (of course).
- Working through notes from alpha readers on some of my WIPs. For example: Blood Awakening and Fated.
- Edits for clients (so I can pay for my own edits)
- Notes and progress on future WIPs.
- The Dark Ones edits and preparation to query to agents (hopefully). This means synopsis writing, query writing, agent research, etc. I plan to keep you all informed on the process.
- Scheduling my monthly goal posts again, and also regular posting of random blogging topics.
- Book features, reviews, and blog tours as necessary. Expecting this to start happening again come August/September 2016.
Keep in mind, I don’t have some expected dates for these as there are things that I have to take into consideration with the way my schedule is now. It’s taking much longer than I had hoped, and I know many of you are disappointed in my lack of presence, but please know that I’m trying hard to get that changed.
Thank you so much for still hanging in there for me, and your thoughts of concern as to my whereabouts. I’m still here! Just lurking in the background, scrambling to get things worked out so I can finally come back and be active with you all again.