Today Marks the first day of the 13 week writing blitz I’m doing with Kayla Curry. From April 1st to June 30th, we’ve set up some goals to help me get back into this life I’ve missed so much and finish up some projects that we’ve been desperately needing to get finished. I’m excited for a number of reasons!
- I’m getting back to my dream and passions.
- I’m blogging again (hopefully, we’ll see how well I can keep this up)
- I’m working along side Kayla Curry, Author of the Mystic Stones Series
- I’m going to finish some of my WIPs and Edits.
I have a list of goals that I’m working on which will help me keep on track. Kayla and I are holding each other accountable for this goal, so we will be withholding our favorite things if we don’t meet these goals. While hers is more geared to specifically writing, I’ve set mine up to be more detailed on several things which will also allow me to edit for clients too.
Here’s an example of what my goals look like:
Ideally, I will be checking back each week to report on how well I’ve done over the week. I’ll also be doing daily check-ins on Facebook and Twitter. So, if you follow me there, you’ll be able to see just how well I’m doing. Of course, you’ll also get to see weekly updates here. Either way, it will be phenomenal if you showed your support to help me keep going during this. After all, I’m just a writer without my fans and followers!
Here’s what is on the list (in case you can’t see it very well in the pics):
- Complete edits of DO
- Finish SE (a collaboration with the ever talented author of the Grey Tower Series, Alesha Escobar)
- Create outline for my collaboration with my bestie, Melissa Santiago
- Write 35k in my cyborg story.
- 1 bottle of Moscato
- Playing Assassin’s Creed (which is freaking awesome, btw)
- Bubble Bath
- Special Coffee
Saturday, April 1st: Edit 2 chapters of DO
Sunday, April 2nd: Write 500 words in Cyborg Story
Monday, April 3rd: Outline collab with Melissa
Tuesday, April 4th: Edit 2 chapters in DO
Wednesday, April 5th: Write 1,000 words in Cyborg Story
Thursday, April 6th: Outline collab with Melissa
Friday, April 7th: Edit 1 chapter of DO
There you have it! Please feel free to check in with me at any time or offer up some encouragement. Memes of coffee, science-y things, or just some emoticons with celebratory themes are great ideas! You can even leave comments here!
Let’s do this!